The datasets themselves are in many cases the product of probability samples and may have complex sample designs that require some training to analyze correctly. These types of data are often used by researchers and policy makers who are trained in the use of these data and who have access to software specifically designed for survey data analysis. Examples of such software are STATA, SPSS, SAS and the open source statistical package R.
New and returning users may sign in
- What do we mean by microdata?
- How can I contribute to improving the Microdata Library?
- I need a dataset which is not listed in your microdata catalog, but which has been used in World Bank publications. Can you help me obtain these data?
- What are the research outputs associated with a dataset in your Library? Do you have a bibliography of data-related citations?
- Can you help with analyzing microdata?
- Can I get help in implementing a microdata catalog in my agency?
- If I contribute datasets to the catalog, how will I be informed of the demand for my data?
- I want to contribute a dataset or a survey catalog to the Microdata Library. What are the conditions?
- If I want to publish my microdata in the World Bank Microdata Library what are the benefits to me?
- I need a more comprehensive list of surveys and censuses conducted in low and middle-income countries. Where can I find that?
- The catalog provides access to dataset in a specific file format. I would like to get the data in another format. Can you help?
- Can I be automatically notified of changes or additions to the Microdata Library catalog?
- What will you do with information I provide when I register, login, or submit a request for a licensed dataset?
- Why don't you have a search by topic and keyword tool?
- Do I need any special expertise or tools to analyze the data in the Microdata Library?
No results.Clear search results
- Country Classification 6 articles
- Currencies 4 articles
- Data Compilation Methodology 7 articles
- Data Not Available 6 articles
- Data Updates 2 articles
- DataBank 13 articles
- External Debt 4 articles
- Finance/Lending 1 article
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) 2 articles
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)/Gross National Income (GNI) 3 articles
- International Comparison Program (ICP) 2 articles
- Microdata 15 articles
- Other 3 articles
- Poverty Data 3 articles
- Private Sector (IFC) 1 article
- Quarterly External Debt Statistics (QEDS) 6 articles
- Quarterly Public Sector Debt 2 articles
- Request for Data 1 article
- World Development Indicators (WDI) 10 articles
- World Development Report (WDR) 1 article
- All articles