Historical data in the World Development Indicators (WDI) database may change with each database update. We advise users to use our most current data set, since it provides data for the latest year available and also includes any revisions to previously published data. In most cases, revisions are due to improvements in the estimates, due to better collection methods and more recent surveys. Improvements in methodology or data sources are also possible. In certain instances, data which have been determined to be no longer robust may be deleted.Each new edition of WDI contains the most complete time-series we have currently available, and gap-filling from previous editions is inadvisable. In very few cases, revisions to certain time-series may cause discontinuities in series which cannot be reconciled by linking or other estimation techniques.
New and returning users may sign in
- How do I access World Development Indicators (WDI) online tables?
- Do you have data on population projections?
- Where can I find data on literacy rates for high-income countries?
- How can gross school enrollment ratios be over 100 percent?
- How do you define remittances?
- What is the definition of adult mortality ?
- Why are Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) ratings only available from 2005 onwards?
- How are revisions managed?
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- WDI Partners
No results.Clear search results
- Country Classification6 articles
- Currencies4 articles
- Data Compilation Methodology11 articles
- Data Not Available7 articles
- Data Updates3 articles
- DataBank13 articles
- Developer Information16 articles
- External Debt5 articles
- Finance/Lending1 article
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)2 articles
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)/Gross National Income (GNI)4 articles
- ICP/PPPs1 article
- International Comparison Program (ICP)2 articles
- Microdata15 articles
- Open Data Training 1 article
- Other4 articles
- Poverty Data11 articles
- Private Sector (IFC)1 article
- Quarterly External Debt Statistics (QEDS)6 articles
- Quarterly Public Sector Debt2 articles
- Subnational Data6 articles
- World Development Indicators (WDI)10 articles
- World Development Report (WDR)1 article
- All articles