We make population projection data available on our HealthStats portal and DataBank . The population projection database provides estimates and projections for total population and other demographic indicators from 1960 to 2050They are disaggregated by age-group and sex and cover approximately 200 economies. The input data used for the projections include a base year population estimate by age and sex, and assumptions of mortality, fertility, and migration through 2050, mainly based on the UN Population Division's World Population Prospects database of medium variant. The projections estimates are produced by the World Bank's Development Data Group.
New and returning users may sign in
- How do I access World Development Indicators (WDI) online tables?
- Do you have data on population projections?
- Where can I find data on literacy rates for high-income countries?
- How can gross school enrollment ratios be over 100 percent?
- How do you define remittances?
- What is the definition of adult mortality ?
- Why are Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) ratings only available from 2005 onwards?
- How are revisions managed?
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- WDI Partners
No results.Clear search results
- Country Classification6 articles
- Currencies4 articles
- Data Compilation Methodology11 articles
- Data Not Available7 articles
- Data Updates3 articles
- DataBank13 articles
- Developer Information16 articles
- External Debt5 articles
- Finance/Lending1 article
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)2 articles
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)/Gross National Income (GNI)4 articles
- ICP/PPPs1 article
- International Comparison Program (ICP)2 articles
- Microdata15 articles
- Open Data Training 1 article
- Other4 articles
- Poverty Data11 articles
- Private Sector (IFC)1 article
- Quarterly External Debt Statistics (QEDS)6 articles
- Quarterly Public Sector Debt2 articles
- Subnational Data6 articles
- World Development Indicators (WDI)10 articles
- World Development Report (WDR)1 article
- All articles